Holiday Train is Back This Year! All Aboard For Fun in Eastern Iowa & Western Illinois
The last time we were able to go watch the Canadian Pacific Holiday Train was in downtown Clinton on December 7, 2019. Just a few years ago, yet a way different world than we live in today. That was one of the highlights as a parent. The kids were at the perfect age to truly show what the Christmas Spirit was all about and the concert was incredible.
If you've never been, the Holiday Train is a sight unto itself. Decked out in lights that brighten up the dark sky while a mass of people dressed head to toe in winter apparel looks on.
They roll up and stop at the crossing. Then a big door opens on the box car and there's a live band inside. Top-notch musicians playing some of your favorite songs of the season.
Like many in the past few years, they've had to go virtual with their event, but I'm super happy to see the Holiday Train return.
Saturday, December 3, 2022
- Savanna, Il at 913 Bowen Street, (west of the depot at South Chauncey Street) at 2:15 PM. The show is from 2:30 PM - 3:00 PM featuring Lindsay Ell & Texas Hill
- Davenport, Ia at the Corner of Western Avenue & West River Drive at 5:45 PM. The show is from 6:00 PM - 6:30 PM featuring Lindsay Ell & Texas Hill
- Muscatine, Ia at the west end of River Side Park at Chestnut Street & Harbor Drive at 7:30 PM. The show is from7:45 PM - 8:15 PM featuring Lindsay Ell & Texas Hill
Tuesday, December 6, 2022
- Clinton, Ia at the east end of Main Avenue, near the Sawmill Museum at 4:15 PM. The show is from 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM featuring Alan Doyle & Kelly Prescott
- Bellevue, Ia at Horizon Lanes parking lot, corner of Jefferson Avenue & Elizabeth Street 6:45 PM. The show is from 7:00 PM - 7:30 PM Alan featuring Alan Doyle & Kelly Prescott
- Dubuque, Ia Hawthorne Street railway crossing, corner of Hawthorne Street & Rohmberg Avenue 8:30 PM. The show is from 8:45 PM - 9:15 PM featuring Alan Doyle & Kelly Prescott
For a full schedule of stops, check out CPR.ca/holidaytrain
Signs a Long Hard Winter is Ahead
Best Quad Cities Area Dive Bars