You Can Purchase Girl Scout Cookies In The Quad Cities Via Grubhub
This year, Girl Scouts in the Quad Cities and throughout the country will be facing challenges just like small businesses. With less people going into stores and people being further apart, the door-to-door, grocery store booths and other in-person methods to sell cookies are kind of out the door. Now, buying cookies from Girl Scouts just got a lot more digital.
Don't worry, your Girl Scout cookies are not in jeopardy because of COVID-19. As a matter of fact, getting those delicious cookies in your hands and month may be a lot easier, and quicker this year.
According to a press release from Girl Scouts of America (GCUSA), Girl Scouts of Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois are participating in a national collaboration with food ordering and delivery platform Grubhub so girls have an additional way to facilitate contact-free cookie orders.
Ordering through Grubhub will be available in the Quad Cities, Cedar Rapids, and Waterloo. Those who want to purchase cookies can order Girl Scout Cookies for pickup or delivery on Grubhub.com or the Grubhub app only on select weekends in February and March.
In the press release, Maura Warner, Marketing President for GSUSA said,
"A hands-on experience in managing e-commerce, local Girl Scouts will track and fulfill orders, manage inventory, and more, all using Grubhub’s back-end technology."
The proceeds benefit the troop and council while providing another innovative way to safely run the cookie program virtually.
There are plenty of other and safe ways to purchase Girl Scout Cookies this year. Locally, Girl Scout Cookie season runs until March 14, 2021.
You can support Girl Scouts by purchasing cookies in many different ways:
- If you know a registered Girl Scout, reach out to her to find out how she’s selling cookies in ways that meet local and state safety protocols.
- If you don’t know a Girl Scout, visit www.girlscoutcookies.org, text COOKIES to 59618 (message and data rates may apply. Text STOPGS for STOP, HELPGS for help), or use the official Girl Scout Cookie Finder app for free on iOS or Android devices to find socially distant or contact-free cookie booths if they are available in your area.
- Visit www.grubhub.com/food/girl_scouts to order via contact-free delivery from Grubhub in Waterloo, Quad Cities, and Cedar Rapids on weekends in February and March.
- Girl Scouts of Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois will sell outside of retail stores in a safe and socially distant manner, when allowed by local COVID-19 guidelines.
- Beginning February 1, enter your zip code into the Girl Scout Cookie Finder at www.girlscoutcookies.org to purchase from a local Girl Scout troop online for shipment to your door or to donate cookies to first responders and local causes.
Traditional cookie flavors are $5/package and the specialty gluten-free Toffee-tastic® cookies are $6/package.
The proceeds from each and every purchase stay local with the troop and its council to power Girl Scouts’ essential leadership programming.