Some QC Pools Will Close For The Season This Month. Here’s The Schedule.
As grand (read: hot) as summer has been, August marks the transition into fall and that means some local pools will be closing for the summer later this month.
The public pools in Davenport, Rock Island, and Moline will also close at different times. (Bettendorf's Splash Landing closed last month after ongoing paint problems this summer). If you've been meaning to get out to a pool and relax, the time to do that is now. Here's when the pools will close:
The Annie Wittenmyer Aquatic Center and Fejervary Aquatic Center will be open until August 21st.
- Public swim at Annie Wittenmyer Aquatic Center is Tuesdays, Thursdays, & Sundays 1:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
- Public swim at Fejervary Aquatic Center is Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays 1:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
For more details, check out the city's website.
Whitewater Junction is open daily through August 14th then on the weekends through Labor Day.
- Hours: Monday-Friday 11:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m., Saturdays, Sundays & Holidays 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
- August 15th- Sept 5th: Monday- Friday: closed
- Saturday, Sunday & Labor Day: 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Moline's Riverside Family Aquatic Center will wrap up its season this weekend with the Doggie Dunk on August 14th. The facility has already put into place limited hours.
Bettendorf's Splash Landing
Bettendorf struggled with Splash Landing's new paint ever since it opened this summer. They closed it to public swim in mid-July. The paint made the water cloudy whenever a lot of people were in the pool. Not an ideal situation on a packed summer afternoon.
So there's your timeframe. Enjoy the last nugget of summer.