Today is National Grab Some Nuts Day
It's August 3rd, which means it's National Grab Some Nuts Day.
According to National Today, Grab Some Nuts Day's origins isn't known, but they say there was some confusion as to what it was about.
"Some were celebrating the nuts we eat, whereas others thought it was all about the metal nuts that go with bolts," they said.
Grab Some Nuts Day encourages the grabbing and eating of nuts, which have "an impressive amount of protein, vitamins, minerals, potassium, iron and son on," according to National Today.
There's that old saying, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away," but a handful of nuts can do the same thing.
The American Heart Association says we should eat a handful of unsalted, unoiled nuts per week.
How to Celebrate Today:
- Grab Some Nuts - If done sensibly, grabbing a handful of nuts a day will improving your overall health. You should read up about the health benefits of getting some nuts in your diet.
- Put Nuts in Your Food - It'll add an unmatched texture, and give your dish a salty additive.
- Share It On Social Media - Share a photo of your handful of nuts to your social media accounts. People might think it's weird, but it won't be if you use the hashtag, #NationalGrabSomeNutsDay.
Fun Facts About Nut Grabbing
- Women Grab More Nuts Than Men - Women over the age of 60 crave them the most.
- America Has More Nuts Than Anyone Else - 40% of the world's nuts come from the US.
- The World's Largest Nuts Weigh Over 50lbs - They make them different on the islands over in the Indian Ocean, where they're 3 feet in circumference.
Read more at National Today