The Rock Island County Fair Is Coming Up Sooner Than You Think
Before the Mississippi Valley Fair gets here in less than a month, there's another fair happening even sooner: The Rock Island County Fair.
The fair is happening next week, July 19-23rd at the Rock Island County Fairgrounds in East Moline. It will have carnival rides, stock car races, livestock shows, a demolition derby, and more. And yes, funnel cakes too. They'll also have family entertainment shows, a Calf Corner, and a Hidden Barn Escape game.
You'll find a beer tent at the fair with bands performing from 7/21-7/23. Gate admission is free before 8:00 p.m. (parking on the fairgrounds is $25 but parking outside of the fairgrounds in designated areas is free) After 8, it's $5 for adults, kids 12 and under are still free. You can get unlimited ride wristbands for $25 and the carnival rides are cash only.
Here's what the grandstand events look like for the Rock Island County Fair:
- 7/19 at 7:00 p.m.- New Windsor Drill Team and Fireworks (free event)
- 7/20 at 6:30 p.m.- Stockcar Races by PFP Promotion ($10 admission)
- 7/21 at 6:00 p.m.- Truck and Tractor Pull by Backroad Pullers ($10 admission)
- 7/22 at 7:00 p.m.- Monster Truck Show by 2xtreme Racing (tickets at this link)
- 7/23 at 6:30 p.m.- Demo Derby by Viola Boyz ($15 admission)
The carnival will have these hours (closing time is at the fair's discretion):
- Tuesday: 4:00 p.m.-close
- Wednesday: 1:00 p.m.-close
- Thursday: 4:00 p.m.-close
- Friday- 4:00 p.m.-close
- Saturday: 12:00 p.m.-close