The Putnam’s Mad Scientist Ball Has Fun For Families & Beer Lovers
This weekend, the Putnam Museum in Davenport is hosting its biggest fundraising event of the year, the Mad Scientist Ball. All weekend visitors will be able to enjoy scary movies, spooky science demonstrations, beer, and more. The fun begins Friday night and goes all weekend long.
The Putnam Museum (1717 W 12th St, Davenport) is getting into the Halloween spirit while raising money this weekend during its Mad Scientist Ball. This is the museum's biggest fundraising event that is all in support of its Community Access Fund which helps high-need families, schools, and non-profits benefit from our wonderful museum!
The fun begins this Friday, October 14th, at 4 p.m. with Family Night. Bring the entire family out to enjoy a night of science demonstrations, Halloween crafts, a lights-out Science Center experience, a special live Mad Scientist show, and a classic Halloween movie favorite, Hocus Pocus on the Putnam's GIANT Screen. And yes, costumes are encouraged!
Here is the schedule for Family Night:
- Hocus Pocus movie showing (click to pick your time)
- Absolute Science Show
- 5:50 p.m. 6:35 p.m.
- Throughout the evening
- Crafts, Demonstrations, Lights Out in the Science Center, and Family Fun
- Ticket Prices
- $15 kids
- $20 adults
Hops and Horror!
This Saturday, October 15h, adults will be treated to a night of beer and fear, according to the Putnam. The museum will feature two movies on its GIANT Screen:
- Mary Shelley
- Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein
There will also be a beer tasting, signature cocktails, Dr. Brad Sturgeon exploring the Science of Brewing, and Mad Scientist Jeff Adamson of Comedy Sportz fame. There are several ticket options available for Saturday night. Here is the schedule and way to get tickets to Hops and Horror!:
- Mary Shelley movie showing (click for tickets)
- Beer tasting, The Science of Brewing, featured Mad Scientist, and more! (click for tickets)
- Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein movie showing (click for tickets)
- Tickets (click for tickets)
- $30 tickets include the event and Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein
- $45 VIP ticket includes the event, a signature cocktail, and both movie offerings (Mary Shelley and Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein)
Weekend Film Festival
If you can't make it Friday or Saturday, the Putnam Museum says you can still be part of the fun with screenings throughout the weekend on their GIANT Screen.
The Putnam is offering original Hocus Pocus, plus two Tim Burton Halloween classics, The Nightmare Before Christmas and Frankenweenie, and a special screening of Mary Shelley for adult audiences.
- Buy Tickets to Individual Shows (The purchase of these tickets DO NOT include Mad Scientist events.)
You can find more details about the Mad Scientist Ball and other fun events at the Putnam Museum this weekend by clicking here.