Cold Temperatures Move Back Into The Quad Cities The Rest Of The Week
After the Quad Cities has seen temperatures in the mid to low the 30s the past week, the cold is returning to freeze things up. We can expect highs to be in the single digits and mid-teens the rest of the week with wind chill values reaching down to the below teens later this week.
This fairly warm weather for January has been decent, right? That's going to come to a screeching halt the rest of this week as temperatures begin to fall starting tomorrow (Wednesday).
According to the National Weather Service of the Quad Cities (NWS), a strong Arctic cold front will move through the Quad Cities on Wednesday. We should expect very cold wind chills with values getting close to, or even below, -20°F. Strong winds the next three days will also cause blowing snow Wednesday through Friday.
Wednesday is where the cold will first arrive. We'll see temperatures dropping down to 8°F to 15°F and wind chill values ranging from 0°F to -15°F. Wind gusts on Wednesday could reach up to 30 mph.
Thursday is expected to be our coldest day this week. The high for Thursday will range from single-digit highs and 0°F, and wind chill values are expected to reach down to -10°F to -20°F on Thursday.
We will start to get a little warmer on Friday, but not by much. The high for Friday will be in the mid-teens.
Below is the forecast through Friday, according to the National Weather Service of the Quad Cities:
- Partly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
- Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Winds could gust as high as 30 mph.
- Partly sunny, with a temperature falling to around 9 by 5 pm.
- Wind chill values as low as -10.
- Northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Wednesday Night
- Mostly clear, with a low around -3.
- Wind chill values as low as -15.
- Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Sunny and cold, with a high near 7.
- Thursday Night
- Mostly clear, with a low around -8.
- Sunny, with a high near 16.
- Friday Night
- Mostly cloudy, with a low around 8.