Clinton Proclaims Emergency Imposes Curfew
After a night of violence in Davenport, neighboring cities are preparing for the worst. In Clinton, the city has imposed a curfew and declared an emergency. Rock Island County is asking people to stay home as well.
Due to the threat the mayor has proclaimed the following.
1. That a state of emergency or public danger exists within the City of Clinton because of the threat of the spread of violent riots and protests.
2. That a City-wide curfew of 9:00 P.M. to 5:00 A.M. is hereby enacted until further notice. Only those going to and from their place of employment or for a matter deemed to be critical can be out during the curfew time frame.
3. Bus service will be suspended from 3:00 P.M. until 6:00 P.M. on June 2, 2020.
4. Business owners are encouraged to consider closing early on June 2, 2020.
5. That this Proclamation of Emergency may be modified and/or superseded by future proclamation of the Office of the Mayor Clinton as future events warrant.
6. That any violation of any proclamation of the Office of the Mayor of the City of Clinton, Iowa shall be enforceable by the Clinton Police Department and any violation of the same shall be a violation of State law and criminally prosecuted as such and further subject to a court action seeking immediate relief to enjoin the behavior.