Would you like to Take Back Time?
I can't express how happy I am knowing that this dumpster fire of a year is coming to a close. Even thought its only 365 days, it has seemed like a thousand days if you ask me. I'm sure at some point during all this chaos you've found yourself thinking, "I wish I could just go back in time before all this happened." Well, today you may just have that chance. December 8th is National Pretend to be a Time Traveler Day. I know it may sound silly, but I think it makes more sense this year than ever before.
According to NASA, there are some scenarios that support the idea of time travel, through worm holes and such. The bad part is that humans would probably not be able to survive such a feat. There are many books that tackle the perils of time travel as well. My favorites are H.G. Wells' "The Time Machine", and Stephen King's "11/22/63." If you're not much into reading, you can also watch a great mini-series of the latter on Hulu. In my opinion, I don't think time travel is really the way to go. I've seen enough movies/TV shows to know that it only ends badly, not only for the person involved, but for the entire world! Below is a list of my Top 5 time travel movies.
- Hot Tub Time Machine - This one is pretty cheesy, but its hilarious! Plus, it has a Crispin Glover cameo, which brings this list full circle.
- The Time Traveler's Wife - I'm not really much for romance movies, but this one has a sci-fi twist that I like.
- Land of the Lost - I know, I know, my favorite movies will NEVER be Oscar winners, but they're sure as hell entertaining to me!
- The Butterfly Effect - This one is probably the most real for me, that's why its the most unsettling.
- Back to the Future - This one better be on everybody's list, and for good reason.
So, I suppose you could try hopping in a hot tub, or souping up your old Delorian to take a trip to times gone by, but be careful, you might get more than you bargained for. I'm just gonna stick to sitting on my couch eating popcorn and watching one of these movies.
10 Things to Stock Up On Now Before Winter Comes