Take Some Time to Laugh Your…Uh…Butt Off Today
It has to be pretty clear by now that aside from good taste in music, a sense of humor is one of the most important values we have here at I-Rock 93.5 That's why I think it's important for us to showcase that April 14th is International Moment of Laughter Day. Created in 1997 by a humor consultant and psychologist who invited the whole world to "find the positivity in life" and encouraged everyone to laugh. A University of Maryland study conducted in 2005 even found that people who watched comedy movies had increased blood flow over those who watched sad movies and suffered from restricted blood flow. I've decided to compile a list of my top 5 favorite comedies just in case you don't have a reason to laugh today.
- Clerks 2 - While the original is great and started of an entire franchise of amazing movies, this one is just so over the top, I can't get enough of it!
- The Money Pit - One of Tom Hanks' finest in my opinion, and just one of so many 80's gems. The physical comedy is also so great.
- Tommy Boy - I think we can all agree there was no greater comedy duo, at least in the 90's, than Chris Farley and David Spade. Bonus, shout out to Davenport during the road trip!
- Step Brothers - Another amazing comedy duo of Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly this movie is chock full of one liners that I still recite every day. I often tell people we can't be friends if you don't like Step Brothers.
- National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - While all of the Vacation movies are hilarious, this is by far my favorite. I don't care what time of year it is, I will literally die laughing the whole way through.
These are just a few reasons for you to laugh today, but the important thing is that you do because its good for you. Body and soul. While you're at it, make somebody else laugh too. You never know who might really need it.
What The Quad Cities Did For Fun in the 90's