“Pour Your Own Beer” Style Taproom Celebrates Grand Opening in Moline
You've heard of those "grill your own steak" places right? Where they put you in charge of grilling your meat to perfection. Now, I know my way around a grill and am happy to cook for a party...but if I'm going out I'd like someone else grill for me.
That being said, I'm not opposed to DIY in a public place. Particularly if we're talking a "pour your own beer" situation.
It's a huge month for Pour Bros Craft Taproom, in Moline and this is the perfect time to try out this new idea. You boop your card above the tap you plan to pour from...then you pull the tap yourself...either fill up your pint glass or take a sample pour. It's up to you!
- Saturday, April 30th they'll be participating in the Moline Cabin Fever Pub Crawl.
- Saturday, April 9th, QC Beer Club meets to discuss & drink beer.
And of course a week long celebration: April 19th-24th Pour Bros is celebrating their grand opening and are inviting all beer lovers to party with them!
According to the Pour Bros FB post:
….The tap list will be off the charts. Join us as we rotate through the best lineup of brews to date…while supplies last! Sample everything by the ounce and help us celebrate our Official Grand opening.
HERES THE GRAND OPENING WEEK CELEBRATION SCHEDULE
- Smokin Goodness FOOD TRUCK 4pm-8pm
- 25 cent Skeeball
- Special Tapping SweetWater Brewing Company 420 G13 Strain IPA…why not right, it’s 4/20!
- Toni’s Smokin’ Grill
- Snoop Dogg Pre Show Pre-Party w/ DJ Mystro playing your favorite 90s Hip-Hop!
- Ribbon Cutting @ 5:15pm
- Brewery Swag Giveaways throughout the day.
- Live Screen Printing by: Meltdown Creative Works featuring commemorative PB Taproom grand opening t-shirt design.
- Dice Angle Game - DAGZ Tournament~big prizes
- Live Screen Printing all day by: MCW
- Live music by Randy Leasman Music 8pm-11pm
- Quad Cities Appreciation Day 25% Off All Specialty Beers. Thanks for the grand welcome to the Quad Cities!!
How Would You Rate Your First Beer Back in the Day?
We asked the Quad Cities what their first beer was. Then we got on BeerAdvocate.com to see check out some reviews. Here are the best and some of the worst ones I found...