My Favorite Metal Movie Soundtracks
There's really nothing I love more than music, that's a fact. However, a close second to music would be movies. I could not begin to tell you how many movies I've watched(and re-watched) in my lifetime. So naturally nothing brings me more joy than when both of my loves come together in the form of a movie soundtrack. Music is such an integral part of any film. Not only does it clue us in to important scenes during the movie, but it enables us to take a piece of it with us wherever we go. We get to re-live the highs, or lows, we get from those movies without having to sit down and watch the whole thing. The fact that there are some pretty awesome metal soundtracks to some great films makes that feeling even better! Below is a list of my top 5 movie soundtracks.
- Freddy Vs. Jason - Not only is this one of my favorite films from both franchises, the soundtrack is a banger! Its got some pretty heavy hitters like Type-O Negative, Spineshank, and Lamb of God. My favorite tune on the album would have to be Bombshell by Powerman 5000.
- Dazed and Confused - This might not be the heaviest collaboration on the list, but there are some iconic songs from some hilarious scenes in this cult classic. Obviously, Fog Hat's Slow Ride is the stand out, and is always what plays in my head when I think of this movie.
- Dracula 2000 - I'm not sure why all the metal songs are in horror movie soundtracks, but I am definitely glad they are! You've got Slayer, Static-X, and Disturbed. Need I say more?
- Detroit Rock City - This one is LOADED. Classics from Thin Lizzy, and of course KISS, but also great covers of classics from Pantera doing Cat Scratch Fever and my personal favorite, Everclear's The Boys are Back in Town.
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1 - I'll be the first to admit this is not really a rock or metal soundtrack. However, there are so many songs that you just can't help singing and dancing around to! Even the hardest metalhead loves Hooked on a Feeling(whether they will admit or not).
So those are my favorite movie soundtracks. I'm sure I missed some, and they might not be everyone's favorite, but I think they're pretty damn good. During a time when going to the movies is almost a battle you can't win, I find myself going back to watching some of my old stand-bys. Which makes me remember how much I love the music. Because in the end, everything in life always brings us back to the music, doesn't it?
Ten Movies To Watch To Make You More Successful