Country Music Superstar Made A Surprise Stop At An Eastern Iowa Winery
It's not every day that a country music superstar walks into an Iowa business. One country music superstar did just that over the weekend in the small Eastern Iowa town of DeWitt, IA. He wasn't there by coincidence, but he definitely surprised the patrons of a popular winery and distillery nestled along Highway 61.
The 2022 Jackson County Fair wrapped up this past weekend. The fair started on July 26th and ended on Sunday, and this year's fair had some pretty big grandstand acts.
Headlining the 2022 Jackson County Fair was Cole Swindell with special guest Ashley Cooke. Before Cole took the stage on Saturday, July 30th, he stopped at TYCOGA Winery & Distillery (2585 195th St, DeWitt) which was a wonderful surprise to those enjoying drinks and food at the Eastern Iowa winery.
Audrey Housman was one of those patrons at TYCOGA. She and her family had the opportunity to take a photo with Swindell and shared the cool moment on social media.
Audrey said in her post,
"We were starstruck at TYCOGA Winery & Distillery when Cole Swindell walked in."
We're not sure if Cole had a chance to try one of the many wines that TYCOGA creates, but he created a special moment for Audrey, her family, and those at TYCOGA.
I reached out to Audrey to ask what it was like to meet the Heads Carolina singer. She told me,
"He was so nice! He stopped by before he performed and gave out free tickets to anyone who wanted to go to the show."
What a pretty cool moment from Cole Swindell!
With the 2022 Mississippi Valley Fair starting tomorrow (Tuesday), maybe we will see one of the many great Grandstand acts at businesses in the Quad Cities. Check out below who you might find roaming around the QC during Mississippi Valley Fair week:
2022 Grandstand Acts
Kid Rock will take the 2022 Mississippi Valley Fair Grandstand Stage on Tuesday, August 2nd, 2022.
Flo Rida and Nelly will take the 2022 Mississippi Valley Fair Grandstand Stage on Wednesday, August 3rd, 2022.
Jimmie Allen will take the 2022 Mississippi Valley Fair Grandstand Stage on Thursday, August 4th, 2022.
Carly Pearce will be next to take the Grandstand Stage on Friday, August 5th, 2022.
Brantley Gilbert will be next to take the Grandstand Stage on Saturday, August 6th, 2022.
Wrapping up the 2022 Mississippi Valley Fair on Sunday, August 7th is Dustin Lynch.
Those are the grandstand acts that will be coming to the 2022 Mississippi Valley Fair.
Fun Cards for the 2022 Mississippi Valley Fair are on sale now. Details about Fun Cards for the 2022 Mississippi Valley Fair, including how to purchase them, are below:
2022 Fun Cards
- Price per Fun Card is $100.
- No individual tickets will be sold for the Grandstand Events
- Good for one entrance per day to the fairgrounds
- Good for one entrance per day to all Grandstand Acts
- Ticket is punched when you enter the fairgrounds and when you enter the Grandstand
- A Fun Card is required to enter the Grandstand
- All seats are general admission – first come / first serve
2022 Mississippi Valley Fair Daily Grounds Admission
- Adult tickets (includes one entrance to the fairgrounds): $10/day
- Child tickets age 4-12 (includes one entrance to the fairgrounds): $5/day
- Kids under 3: Free every Fair day.
How to Purchase
- In the fair office
- Purchase your Fun Card in person at the fair office, Mon-Fri 8 am-4 pm.
- During The Fair
- Purchase Fun Cards in person from July 28th-August 7th at any authorized locations selling Fun Cards.
- Purchase Fun Cards at the gate during the fair (Cash only)
- Purchase Fun Cards at the Fair Office
If you have any questions feel free to contact the Mississippi Valley Fair office at 563-326-5338.