These Roads Will Be Closed For The Quad Cities Marathon On Sunday
The Quad Cities Marathon is happening on Sunday and there will be several road closures for it, especially in Bettendorf.
The most athletic runners in our area will gather together to "run the river" on Sunday morning (starting at 7:00 a.m. Not in my wheelhouse but definitely admirable) in the Quad Cities Marathon. Check out the route they will go so you know where road closures will be/where traffic flow might be a bit different. KWQC reports that the runners should be off the streets by 11:00 a.m.
Here are a few of the roads that will be impacted by the run (you can see the exact times on the marathon's website here. The times are estimated based on when the elite runners will likely be arriving at the mile markers.) The runners will begin by going across the I-74 bridge in the east lane and then onto State Street in Bettendorf.
A lot of River Drive will be affected on Sunday morning.
- River Dr. / 17th St. (John Deere Commons)
- River Dr. at Celebration Belle
- River Dr. / E. of 41st St.
- 55th St. (The Bend)
- River Dr./ 15th St.
Temp Road Closures In Bettendorf
- 17th Street from State Street to Mississippi Blvd
- Mississippi Blvd from Kimberly to 18th Street
- Northbound Kimberly from Mississippi Blvd to Lincoln Rd
- Eastbound Lincoln Rd from Kimberly to 23rd Street
- Southbound 23rd Street from Lincoln Rd to Central Ave.
- Eastbound Central Ave. from 18th Street to 23rd Street
- Southbound 18th Street from Central Ave. to Mississippi Blvd.
So as you can probably tell by those closures and the map, it's kind of a big wonky circle in Bettendorf.
In Davenport, the race will mostly impact the bike trails and the race course will also go around the Rock Island Arsenal.
Festivities for the Quad Cities Marathon will begin on Saturday in downtown Moline and the events are expected to wrap up after awards late Sunday morning.